Plancher project produces seven concrete proposals for initiativesJune 28, 2022
The FHCQ joined 150 Quebec community housing organizations in the Plancher co-creation process of the Community Housing Transformation Centre (CHTC). This process aims to create an impact project to meet the needs of housing in Quebec.
Seven concrete proposals for initiatives emerged from the process at the June 7 meeting. These proposals are based on two axes identified by the participants at the May ideation session. Pooling to create financial leverage for the acquisition, construction and renovation of buildings, and the pooling of operations and human resources are at the heart of the orientations aimed at promoting innovation in the sector.
The 7 proposals
- A consortium to pool the sector's assets, reserves, and expertise
- One or more regional bodies capable of generating community obligations
- A mutualized fund of financial reserves
- A solidarity cooperative capable of supporting housing organizations in difficulty
- A collective of accompanying organizations for the creation and development of social utility trusts
- A needs assessment tool for adapted and universally accessible housing *A purchasing company capable of developing "signature projects"
Your views on the proposals
The Centre now invites you to review the proposed initiatives and provide your feedback on which ones you prefer by completing a questionnaire. The FHCQ encourages you to participate in large numbers in this collective effort to improve the housing sector in Quebec.