FECHIMM joined the University of Sherbrooke Mediation Clinic, Longueuil campus, to provide a free mediation service to members of federated housing co-operatives.
Therefore, if your housing co-operative is experiencing conflicts that is affecting its functioning or affects relationships, you can now receive free assistance from the Mediation Clinic under an agreement with FECHIMM.
WHY RESORT TO MEDIATION?
- Mediation allows participants to come up with their own customized solution
- Participants receive assistance and expertise from qualified and impartial mediators who help them communicate and develop the best possible solution
- No decision is forced on participants, unlike the judge, the mediator does not render a decision
- The mediation process is confidential
- Participants are free to take part in the mediation process and can stop the process at any time
HOW TO USE THIS SERVICE?
- Step 1 - Request an Intervention at the Mediation Clinic at 450-463-1835, ext. 65515
- Step 2 – The mediator will call both parties. These conversations allow the mediator to hear the different versions of the dispute and to inform the participants about the particularities of mediation.
- Step 3 - Holding the mediation session The session can be held in rooms designed to host mediations at the Université of Sherbrooke's Longueuil campus or at the co-operative.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
- Mediation clinic at the University of Sherbrooke
- News of the new and free mediation service for members of housing co-operatives (FR)
TO GET IN TOUCH WITH THE MEDIATION CLINIC
- Tel. : 450-463-1835, ext. 65515
- Email: clinique.mediation@USherbrooke.ca