The procedure to follow
For your cooperative to become a member of the FHCQ-FECHIMM, you need the approval of your general assembly. A resolution stating this approval must be supplied with the application form duly completed. The memberhsip of your cooperative must be approved by the Board of directors of the FHCQ-FECHIMM and is also conditional to some criterias.
CONDITIONS OF THE MEMBERSHIP
To become a member of the Federation, a cooperative must :
- be incorporated according to the Law;
- have its head office and the majority of its operations on the Federation's territory;
- have signed a membership application form to the Federation ;
- abide by the general by-laws ;
- be accepted by the board of directors;
- subscribe the number of social shares as required by the general by-law in article 2.1 and pay them according to article 2.2 ;
- pay the annual fee as determined by the general assembly ;
- take part in the activities and in the operations of the Federation ;
- abide by the provisions of article 232 of the Law.
To become a member, every cooperative must also buy 10 qualification social shares of ten dollars ($10.00) each.
2021 ANNUAL CONTRIBUTION
$ 51.14 / housing for the first 50 units + $ 24.95 per additional dwelling
The cooperative that pays this contribution is a member of the Federation and enjoys the following benefits:
- Participation and voting rights at general meetings, conferences, etc.
- Free advice (online and by phone)
- Subscription of all renter members to CITÉCOOP magazine
- Access to the members section of the fechimm.coop and web page for the coop
- Low rates on insurance protection: buildings, directors' liability, personal property and auto
- Training credits
- Avantages COOP cards giving access to purchasing groupings for the cooperative and its members
- A wide range of services designed for housing co-ops
- Coop in formation $ 124.74 / year
- Housing committees, GRTs and acquiring corporations: $ 124.74 / year
For more information
514-843-6929, ext. 246